Online hotel websites, blogs, new books from Abi's 4th Birthday.
- Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs - Trouble
- Django Django - Django Django
- Van She - Ideas of Happiness
- The Cast of Cheers - Family
- Beach House - Bloom
- Last Dinosaurs - In A Million Years
- Twin Shadow - Confess
Neon and pastels for jeans. Blue for those cold wintery Sydney skies. Orange for citrus fruits growing on my trees. Yellow for the sunshine, which is almost here.
Curries, stir-frys, cereals, buttery toast, iced coffee, veggies and the odd burger here and there.
Current Favourite Show
The whole family has been watching the Olympics together. We like the Weightlifting, Archery, Hockey and can't wait for the Athletics to begin. The new season of True Blood is as boring as ever. Seinfeld re-runs are keeping me sane.
Nothing but classics here. Weekend at Bernies, Dirty Dancing, Dodgeball, Heavyweights.
Current Wish List
- Winter be gone. I don't usually wish things away but winter is something I am ready to see the back of. Bring on spring and all her glory.
- Direction. Our family is in a rut, going through some massive changes and we have had to re-adjust many aspects of our lives.
- A simple birthday celebration for my 31st Birthday in 3 weeks.
The weight loss has slowed down a little, but at the moment I've lost 18kgs since January. That's 3 dress sizes. I'm wearing old clothes that haven't fit me for years. I still have a long way to go, but I have to be proud of what I've achieved.
My big girl just turned 4 two weeks ago. We celebrated with a lovely 'Belle and Boo' themed tea party. The guest list was small, the food was simple and the day was effortless. My in-laws helped out which was a blessing. My parents are on their annual European adventure and missed the party but we face-timed them and Abi got to see her Nanna and Pa, live from their balcony on their Mediterranean cruise. Technology really amazes me sometimes.
She likes playing with Barbies, doing craft every morning, colouring in and playing Reading Eggs on my Mac. She has started to wear little high heels around the house, which scares me most days. 4 going on 14. She received lots of new books for her Birthday which we have been reading every night.
The baby has left the building. Teddy is officially a toddler and the tantrums come and go. He is walking, climbing, singing, laughing, eating like a machine, and growing in front of our eyes. He is cutting 3 new teeth at the moment, oh the joys. Lots of new words like yes, yum, bye bye, hi and shoes. He is a little blessing who worships his sister and missed her terribly when she is Pre-School. Cuddles, hot showers, long baths, In The Night Garden, books, blocks and the cubby house are his favourite things right now.
Current Celeb Crush
Christian Bale. The sexiest super-hero that ever lived.
The kids are happy and growing, my husband is the happiest he has been in a long time, spring is almost here, and all in all, feeling very grateful for what I have in life right now. Yes, there are unknowns ahead but I know I can embrace them head on.
- Did I mention spring yet? Sunshine, salty air, fresh cut grass, warmer evenings, growth, new beginnings, everything that comes with spring.
- We are waiting to see if Abi has been accepted to the Early Learning Centre at her new Prep School.
- Another round of renovations is about to start. This will finally conclude all the work we had planned for this dumpy dwelling. It's now 80% finished and we can't wait to add the finishing touches.
- New furniture coming from Oz Design, Domayne and NEW wallpaper that has been ordered. Check it out here. I needed advice before making such a big choice and Beth helped me make my decision. Thanks girl.
- 3 weeks till my Birthday. All I want is dumplings!
- My whole family is heading to Hamilton Island in October for a week. 9 adults, 4 kids and lots of smiles. We are all so excited and talk about it weekly.
Shazam for new music.
Scramble with Friends. My sister and I have been playing this like crazy!