I am busy (frantic!) today, packing, sorting, folding, washing, cooking, preparing for the big trip. James and I leave tomorrow on our escapade to LA and Coachella Festival Weekend 2. Weekend 1 of the festival has just finished and if any of you caught some of the photos or youtube footage, you will know how amazing it all looked. I was literally squealing like a girl when I saw snippets of some of the acts I will be seeing this weekend.
Unfortunately the timing isn't fantastic. Abi has been sick but is almost back to her normal self. Then this morning at 3am, Teddy woke barking like a seal. I will whisk him to see a Dr today and hope the verdict isn't too serious. I know he will be in good hands with my parents for the next week but I still feel guilty for leaving them both, not being 100% well.
The weather last weekend was apparently unseasonable for Palm Springs. Rain, overcast and cool. It did fine up by the end of the Sunday which is good. Forecast weather for next weekend includes a 37'c Sunday. Considering we had such a mild summer in Sydney, I will probably melt. I'm still torn about what to wear, to ensure I'm comfortable and attempt to look alittle stylish. So I'm throwing in everything. Shorts, skirts, jeans, dresses and I'll hope for the best.
In the meantime, check out some of the Coachella fashion from 2012 Weekend 1. All photos by Mr Newton via Harpers Bazaar website.
Monday, April 16, 2012
Sunday, April 1, 2012
Where have I been lately, you ask? I'm here. I've started 2012 with a huge shift in the way I live my life. I am super active, exercise every day, visit the gym at least 5 times a week and prepare healthy, fresh meals for the family. I am seeking help for my anxiety. I am seeing old friends, making new ones and ditching the toxic ones. I was so sick of the way I was living my life, so I changed it. You can find out more by reading below;
Michelle Bridges 'Crunch Time' cookbook.
Current Wish List
Michelle Bridges 'Crunch Time' cookbook.
- Duck Sauce - Big Bad Wolf. This song is quite annoying but it pumps me up at the gym.
- Florence and The Machine - Shake It Out (Benny Benassi remix) I love Flo's original but this is tres awesome for the gym. I usually play this on the drive to the gym.
- Above and Beyond - Sun & Moon. Another gym song. I love the uplifting trance, don't I! One thing about working out at the gym, it has re-ignited my love for dance music.
- Ben Lee - Kids (Originally by MGMT). This song isn't new but it's an amazing cover.
- Lily Allen - Womanizer (Originally by Britney Spears). Again, not new but a truly awesome cover. I love Lily, I've seen her perform twice and she is sublime live.
- The Temper Trap - Rabbit Hole. They are back with a new single and I love it.
- The Black Keys - Gold On The Ceiling. HUGE BK fan here. This is one of my favourites on the newish album. Cannot wait to see them live in 3 weeks at Coachella.
- Boy & Bear - Walking On A Dream (Originally by Empire of the Sun). B&B are growing on me. They sound very similar to Mumford & Sons. This cover revives a great song and gives it a mellow twist.
- Bluejuice - Video Games. Lexi at PMM has superb music taste because she loves this as much as I do. I love Bluejuice, great Australian band and while I'm still not decided on Lana Del Rey, this cover is fantastic!
- Bluejuice - Act Your Age. While you're checking out Bluejuice, listen this super fun song of theirs.
Green for Edward's eyes. Yellow for sunshine. White for foggy autumn mornings.
Rocket/spinach salads. Curries and stir-frys. Wraps. Protein Shakes. Fresh juice.
Current Favourite Show
Mad Men is BACK, finally! The 2 hour opening episode last week was fantastic. The Biggest Loser and Curb Your Enthusiasm are also being watched. Game of Thrones and Downton Abbey are starting again soon too.
- Moneyball with Brad Pitt & Jonah Hill was surprisingly great. Brad Pitt looked hotter than ever, and I loved the story for all its highs and lows, maybe because of my love for baseball.
- The Descendants was really different. George Clooney played a clueless father being cheated on by his wife. Tragedy strikes the family and the story was quite intense and emotional. Some of the scenes were pretty raw. Filmed in Hawaii, the landscape of this film is out of this world.
- I saw Twilight Breaking Dawn Pt 1 with my sister at the movies but I watched it again with its release onto DVD 2 weeks ago. I liked the books a few years ago but feel I have outgrown the whole story. I guess I feel obligated to see out the movies. The soundtracks for these movies are always stellar.
Current Wish List
- Overcome immediate stress and anxiety
- Dumplings at Din Tai Fung
- Good weather for Easter
- Am now exercising every day of the week with only 1 rest day.
- Have lost a mammoth 9.6 kilos in 7 weeks and 31 cms from my body.
- Actively seeing a new therapist who I feel comfortable and confident with.
- Feeling fitter and healthier than I have in years.
Abi is 3 one day, 13 the next. She seems to be growing up right in front of my eyes. Her days are spent at swimming lessons, pre-school, the park, the cubby house in the yard and playing with her brother. She is now swimming unassisted and diving/jumping into the pool. She loves her weekly swim class. Her swim teacher also teaches my kickboxing class and Abi likes knowing we have a 'teacher' in common. Things have calmed down at pre-school and she has made some new friends. Her favourite things at the moment include Shrek, talking about the Easter Show, painting, drawing outside, riding her scooter, playing educational games on my Mac, and helping her brother learn to walk.
Enjoying a milkshake at the gym after swimming lessons.
Helping to feed her brother dinner.
Ted turned 1 a few weeks ago and we celebrated with a small party of family and friends. He seemed to enjoy every minute of it. He is *almost* walking. He cruises around furniture but doesn't have the confidence to let go which is fine. He loves bathtime, going for walks in the double pram, cars, trucks, watching planes and music. I'm still breastfeeding him although I think I will wean him soon. He loves to eat and drink and play with his food. His hair is long but I'm not sure if I want to cut it yet. He is a little prince, we adore him more and more every day.
Trying his first corn on the cob and loving it!
Current Celeb Crush
Brad. Just getting better with age.
Current #1 Blessing
I am blessed that my husband can work from home as often as he wants. This means, with a little organising and scheduling, that I can go leave the kids with him while I workout. We go on family walks every few days and overall, he is less stressed than when he commuted to the office. Our family is in a really good place right now.
- The countdown is on. Less than 3 weeks till Coachella Festival. I still can't believe I'm going.
- Easter is next week. I will definitely be treating myself with some chocolate goodness. All things in moderation is best.
Nike GPS run tracker. I use this on my daily walks around my suburb. I have used many exercise apps but I find this app has the most accurate GSP signal. It shows you where you walked the slowest, how hard you walked and overall calories burned too.