Friday, November 23, 2012

Currently - The Spring '12 Edition

As spring draws to a close and the year wraps itself up, I find myself with so much on my mind but can't find the time to put it down.

Hopefully 2013 will be a better year for me to put words down on a regular basis. I have missed reading and writing blogs in these last few months.


Current Read
Real Living, Christmas catalogues, cooking books.


Current Playlist

Albums:

  • Flume - Flume
  • Triple J's Like A Version 8
  • Triple J's Like A Version Anthology
  • The Weeknd - Trilogy
  • Calvin Harris - 18 Months
  • Lamb - Fear of Fours
  • Of Monsters and Men - My Head is an Animal
  • Sarah Blasko - I Awake

Singles:

Current Colour
White and yellow for peaches. Purple for agapanthus. Red and green for Christmas. Neon decorations from Little Paper Lane


Current Food
Fruit, cereal, banana bread, skewers, raita, wraps, BBQ chicken, salads. 


Current Favourite Show
Just finished the latest season of Downton Abbey which was brilliant. The new season of Geordie Shore started last week, my only trashy indulgence. After watching it, I involuntarily use words like "mortal, mint, birds, knob and slapper". It's trashy TV of the highest decree. 




Current Movie
I saw the latest James Bond movie today, Skyfall which I quite enjoyed. It wasn't too violent for me. My husband is a fan so I treated him to Gold Class tickets. Javier Bardem played a brilliant villain. Last week I saw the final installment of the Twilight Saga, Breaking Dawn II. It was probably the best of all the movies, but I outgrew the series awhile back.


Current Wish List
  • A simple but essential family break over the holiday season. James has just set up his own consultancy firm and has been working days, nights, weekends, almost in his sleep. A break is on the cards for everyone.
  • I've had a few vertigo attacks lately which are debilitating. I hope it's a very long time before I have another one.
  • Good health and holiday spirit.
  • Backyard/landscaping renovations to begin and END on time. 

Current Triumphs
Not me personally, but James is about to sit his final exam for his MBA. Which means many things. He will hold his Masters of Business degree. No more uni classes or exams ever! He also started his own consultancy firm with his father. And they have already signed on a big client in their first few weeks of operation. To say I'm proud is an understatement. He took that leap this year and left a multi national company where he had worked for nearly 12 years! And now he has the freedom to work for himself doing what he loves. Life changing year for him.


Current Abigail
Little miss Abi is growing into the most gorgeous little soul. She loves playing with her brother, although we have had some heated moments lately. She enjoys going to pre-school and spending time with her friends. She loves swimming lessons and riding her scooter. Her book collection has overtaken her chest of drawers and reading is one of her daily vigils. These photos were taken a few weeks ago on a family trip to Hamilton Island. 


I see a teenage face when I look at Abi in this photo. 


Current Edward
Ted is a fully fledged little toddler. He requires haircuts more often than Abi needed at this age, his hair just grows and such a rapid rate. He worships his sister but has friendships with a few kids closer to his age and plays quite well for a 19 month old. He loves dominos, blocks, nuts and bolts, books with sound effects, his Brio train set, and riding in his Cozy Coupe car outside. He is interested in bugs, ants, butterflies and anything airborne like planes and helicopters. 

Brother and Sister sitting on Whitehaven Beach, Whitsundays

Playing at the beach house on the coast





Current Celeb Crush
Matthew Crawley. The sexiest do-gooder on Downton Abbey.



Current Blessing


And blessed I am. This week marks my pregnancy at 28 weeks. I have to admit, this pregnancy has been the hardest of the 3. Indigestion, carpal tunnel, vertigo and sheer exhaustion have slowed me down but not deterred my excitement that in 11 weeks, James and I will welcome another baby into the world. We know the gender which we are trying (and failing) to keep secret. Abi is beyond excited to become a big sister again. I fear Ted might struggle with the new baby, as he will be 22 months old when he becomes the middle child. We will take those first weeks slowly as we adjust to a family of 5. 


Current Excitement
  • Summer will be here in a matter of days. I cannot wait for late afternoon swims, fish n chips, freshly cut lawns, flowers blooming, decorating the house for my favourite festive holiday and enjoying the last few weeks of 2012.
  • Trying to decide on a name for baby.
  • Watching the kids want to help out in the kitchen and help around the house. 
  • Celebrating James's MBA completion next week.
  • Only 31 sleeps till Santa comes to town.

Current App
  • Weatherzone for my daily weather forecast.
  • What To Expect When You Are Expecting for my daily/weekly pregnancy updates.







2 comments:

  1. Yay you are back. Congratulations on #3.

    Love Like a Version big time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos and sorry this pregnancy has been hard. I found the third the hardest too.
    My girls are 20 months apart and Lil had no trouble adjusting to be a big sister, I actually think they cope better at this age than when they're older, at least in my experience.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails