Sunday, June 20, 2010

Saturday 190610

Abi had another nightmare episode at around 5am, took me 30 minutes to get her back to sleep.

We all woke up at 10am which was bliss.

Drove out to the Hills area to do a 2nd viewing of a house we *thought* we liked. Turns out the owners are being loopy and asking for offers before auction without doing pest / building code inspections which is quite odd. Both the agents handling this house have been at many other open homes we have viewed recently. They are quite the pair.

One of them is a dead ringer male version of Cookie Kwan, a real estate agent from The Simpsons. This agent is so pushy and rude. You can tell other agents fear him. He speaks terrible 'engrish' which annoys me too.














 
The other agent is a deadringer for Gill Gunderson, the desperate poor old guy in The Simpsons. This agent is so desperate to sell a house it's scary! Yet he told an asian couple at the open home not to bother even making an offer because this was their 1st viewing and there was another couple making an offer who had viewed the house 8 TIMES! Like as if that matters! He was just trying to shoo them out the door because he is nuts.


Then we hit up Woolies in Dural to buy some groceries. Groceries seem to be the bane of our existence lately.

Drove home and had a light dinner.

Put on the Tim Burton release of 'Alice in Wonderland' but 25 minutes, we just couldn't get into it.
Put on 'My Sister's Keeper' instead and I bawled my eyes out. Poor J, sat there, trying to console me. No use. I cried the whole way through. I heard the book is better than the movie, so I might read that too.

The soccer fans were in top form because the Socceroos were playing in a few hours, no loud horns but lots of drunken people screaming out on the streets. I hate that we live so close to that stupid FIFA fan site. According to the Sunday papers, the fan site has been a complete flop with almost no fans turning up to watch the games. As an avid hater of soccer, I am somewhat glad to hear this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails