Hello crisp mornings, dewy lawns, hoodies, scarves, gumboots and slippers. The seasons have shifted to darker, shorter days and soft sunlight. Sniffles are all around and big hearty meals are being cooked.
Autumn is here and as Jodi described in a brilliant post recently, I feel the change and every year it throws me off. I am still waiting on a diagnosis for my health issues, and the annual 'falling in a rut' feeling overcomes me. Healthy eating is out the window, social outings dwindle and I find myself feeling 'bored, stuck, on pause' when really I am completely the opposite right now. Life moving by so fast, baby growing, toddler developing, preschooler learning, that I realise I have to take better care of myself because I am responsible for 3 little people now.
The course syllabus for a degree in Psychology. A dream of mine, to one day start (and complete) a degree in Psychology. Even reading the course outline inspires me.
- Phoenix - Bankrupt
- Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience
- James Blake - Overgrown
- Owl Eyes - Night Swim
- The Postal Service - Give Up
- Oblivion - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack complied by M83
- Daft Punk - Get Lucky
- James Blake - Retrograde
- Foals - My Number
- Justin Timberlake - Spaceship Coupe
- CHVRCHES - Recover
- Pyramid - Wolf
- Bernard Fanning - Watch Over Me (I walked down the aisle to this song on my wedding day. I heard it on The Voice this week and it reminded me how special the lyrics are. James and I appreciate this song now more than we did 6 years ago).
- Rihanna - Stay
- Florence and the Machine - Over the Love. Flo's new single from The Great Gatsby soundtrack.
Yellow for Harriet's pram. Blue for my beautiful painted house. Spots for bed linen. I paired my doona up with black pillow cases and yellow sheets.
Warm, hearty meals like meatloaf, cottage pie, pasta, stir fry and porridge.
Current Favourite Show
During the night feeds with Harriet, I've been watching reruns of Seinfeld and Ice Hockey games. I don't watch as much TV anymore but when I do, it's the new season of Mad Men, The News Room, & The Voice. Girls Season 3 is already in production which is awesome news too.
James finally set up the Apple TV he received for Xmas. We have watched Les Miserables and The Bachelorette. Argo, Ted and Flight are on my list to watch this weekend. I'd love to see Django Unchained but concerned about how violent it might be.
Current Wish List
- Gorgeous sunshine on mild Autumn days
- A positive diagnosis on my bizarre health issue.
- To be confident to take leaps.
- To be confident asking for help.
I'm really enjoying my therapy sessions for treatment of anxiety. I had a rough session last week but on a whole, I thoroughly enjoy venting my issues and seeking a better path to change the way I think.
I was blessed to finally meet Amelia 2 weekends ago. I had been counting down the weeks until her arrival and meeting her was such a blessing. You can read more about it on her blog, from her prospective. I will be doing my own post about the family photo session we did with her. It moved me to tears and I am still trying to process how beautiful the photos are. She is a truly special soul and I am glad to have her in my life.
Photo by Amelia
James graduated from Macquarie Graduate School of Management in December and last Friday, we attended his graduation ceremony. To say I was proud was an understatement. He was one of the youngest in the graduating class, most of his peers well into their 40's and even 50's so to see my husband there at 32 years old, receiving his Masters of Business Administration, my heart swelled with pride and admiration.
The house has been rendered and painted a gorgeous dark colour. It looks absolutely brilliant. Neighbours have been stopping on the lawn pointing, people driving past to get a glimpse of our never ending renovation. All we have to do now is the landscaping which will start very soon.
- A potentially diagnosis of a bizarre disease looming in front of me.
- Adjusting to becoming a family of 5, I have days where the sheer business of it all leaves me exhausted and out of my element. Then I have good days where I remind myself to go gently.
- Shorter days with less sunshine can make me a little batty. I crave lots of light, sunshine, breezes and warmth. Sometimes I forget how long the winter is.
My eldest girl is just growing and learning and leaping in bounds as she approaches her 5th Birthday in a few months. Her writing skills have really improved and she loves to draw maps, write letters, colour in books, make craft and paint. She can finally swing on her own on the cubby/swing set. She loves her little sister Harriet so much and pretends to breastfeed her little dolls too. She is a wonderful helper, fetching nappies, burp clothes and toys. I am so grateful to have her in my life.
She loves wearing these oversized toy glasses
Managed to catch this gorgeous image on my iphone, so beautiful
My little man is no longer little. This week he moved into his big bed and seems to be adjusting well. He loves to play with Abi and misses her terribly when she is at pre-school. He is very gentle with Harriet, stroking her head and calming her when she cries. His hair is a long mop of mess, very overdue for a haircut. He loves Monsters Inc and I dare say, his first trip to the cinema will be in 2 months when Monsters University is released. He enjoys having the tradesmen working on the renovation, he watches them all day and asks questions about the work they perform. He loves planes, trucks and helicopters, pointing to the sky when they fly over. We had a small intimate party for his 2nd birthday with just family and 1 set of friends, it was perfect.
The boy on his 2nd Birthday
Photo by Amelia
My youngest babe is 12 weeks old tomorrow. I'm still in the thick of the newborn haze and it feels like she was born last week. I already miss those squishy newborn cuddles. Her weight gain has been steady and she is nearly 4.5kgs. She smiles almost the entire time she is awake and is enjoying laying on the mat, swipping at hanging toys. She is a very easy going baby, seldom cries and feeds well. I feel like I've known her for years, and some days all I do is hold her on the sofa, kissing & talking to her. And I wonder why I get nothing done sometimes!
Taken last week during bath time - 10 weeks old
Current Celeb Crush
- New clothes from asos that aren't maternity items. Hooray for new jeans and winter jumpers.
- Short, fun family outings. Taking 3 small children requires a level of planning but last weekend we hopped in the car and went for dumplings at Din Tai Fung and picked up some Zumbarons from Adriano Zumbo on the way home. It was a short outing, but thoroughly enjoyed by all. Other family outings have included fish n chips on Balmoral Beach, dumplings in the city, a wedding in Stanmore followed by a drive to show the kids the first house James and I lived in together, and various park and picnic playdates.
- Planning a little family getaway for Mother's Day, we all need a few days away!
- My husband, sister and father-in-law all celebrating Birthday's in May.
- Another family vacation planned in November to the Yacht Club Villas on Hamilton Island. Bring on the sun in the gorgeous Whitsundays!